I have done a thing.
Why have I done this thing? Because if I am seeking world domination, I have to have a platform. Yes, I already have this platform, but I want to keep my private thoughts on a separate plane from my benevolent despot thoughts.
Here is the problem, though: WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT ON THIS NEW PLATFORM? Talk about an ABORTIVE ATTEMPT. Just jump in there, man, and don’t count the cost.
As has been often noted, it’s not the jump that kills you, it’s the SUCCESSIVE APPROXIMATION.
So let’s think this thing through.
- If Lichtenbergianism: procrastination as a creative strategy were ever published, of course we would want to tie it in to Lichtenbergianism.com as a marketing ploy.
- The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published [EGGYBP] encourages you to have an online presence before your book is published.
- I can begin to promote the idea of the book and any auxiliary services such as speaking engagements, workshops, etc., as part of the book proposal.
- Especially if I were able to begin doing workshops and such even without the book being published, Lichtenbergianism.com would be the appropriate base.
- With the new domain, I can keep emails about Lichtenbergianism separate from my other personas, e.g., my personal life, my burner life, etc.
- This would also give me a separate Twitter account with which to begin seeking my minions for world domination.
- Filling the new domain with… what, exactly?… would force me to concentrate on exactly what: blogposts, linked articles, tweets, etc.
You should tell me what to put on the new site in comments. We’ll call it focus group testing.
In other news, I have done some serious work on getting the book proposal done. Next up: get serious about finding an agent/publisher.
4 thoughts on “Lichtenbergianism: WHAT HAVE I DONE?”
What is it supposed to look like? What would your TED talk tell us?
You are not about nestled loops of lack, right? So I can’t offer much, but… You are about results. Give us some results.
Marc: You are completely correct. GESTALT is the answer. But if all I have is some vague idea of the world I want to dominate…
Oh well, we’ll just have to chisel away, ne-ç’est pas?