The first Annual Meeting (also known as the Charter Meeting) of The Lichtenbergian Society will be Saturday, December 22, 2007, at my house, 7:00ish.
Bring whatever you think might contribute to the general air of solemn FESTIVITY, as dictated by the Charter.
The proposed Order of Business:
- Roll Call (for the Record, and yes, I bought a record book and india ink today)
- Ratification and signing of the Charter
- Toast to GCL (need a volunteer)
- Acclamation of the Officers
- Corroboration of the Validity of our Claims
- Consignment of the Corroborative Evidence to the Flames
- Engrossment of the Year’s Efforts
- Meditation on the Year’s Efforts, followed by a Silent Toast
- Engrossment of the Proposed Efforts for the Next Year
- Toast to the Proposed Efforts
- “What is Art?”
So, besides food and drink, plan to bring a list of the creative endeavors you either abandoned or tabled this year, as well as a list of your goals for 2008. I’m thinking we’ll just start this year with a list of our Efforts, each of us gets a page to himself, and then for next year’s Proposed Efforts, we’ll start a new page on which we’ll tally the results at next year’s Annual Meeting.
Also, if you have some Corroborative Evidence of creative effort that perhaps should have been abandoned rather than being brought to fruition, feel free to bring it along. I have a wonderful example, and it’s not what some of you are thinking, so we’re covered for that part of the Meeting.
12/16/07, inserted Appointment of Officers
12/16/07, inserted the Corroboration portions, plus the perennial discussion topic, “What Is Art?”