More Labyrinth…

I had a completely free day this Monday, and so I was able to get out into the labyrinth and get Things done.

I did a general cleanup of ivy, bamboo, and other growth.

I planted a couple of macho ferns on either side of the nook…

These are European macho ferns and should grow to about 5 feet tall, but without spreading aggressively as some cultivars do.

I planted some echinacea in the upper area…

And I finally got around to re-making the water endstone for the labyrinth…

(You can read about the original project and its purpose here.)

I had enough concrete left over to pour a little base next to one of the macho ferns to put a candle stand on. (For years I’ve just been jamming it into the ivy to make it stand.)

I had help, of course, from the Assistive Feline™.

This is her glamour shot. She sat there for about thirty minutes waiting for the chipmunk to make a move.

And I had time to write a letter.

A good day.  Of course, yesterday my neighbor had the big pecan tree taken down, so I have a little clean-up to do today before I can move on to the next project: cables across the top of the fence, for art thingies.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *