Last night I intended to make a shrimp/pasta dish using some basil, kind of a pesto-like Alfredo sauce kind of thing. But then…
After I had prepped the shrimp, the resulting sauce was too good to mess up with additional flavors. Here you go:
Super Simple Shrimp
Recipe By: Dale Lyles
Serving Size: 2
- 10-12 shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt
- white pepper
- Season the shrimp with the salt and white pepper.
- In a skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir briefly.
- Add the shrimp and cook over medium-medium high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add the wine and lemon juice, increase the heat, and gently boil until reduced by half.
- Put the shrimp back in, toss to cover, and serve.