I am hereby canceling the Quiet Strength meditation series. Trying to jumpstart my writing was a good idea, but merciful heavens what a truckload of treacle that book is!
Just scanning ahead to find a topic to write about this morning, again, trying to get something out of my head and onto the page, was enough to cause permanent pursing of the lips and raising of the brows.
- Crisis and pain in relationships: relationships are like crabs; they have to shed their shells to grow; and then they’re vulnerable… ::shivers down the spine::
- Men as brothers: actually quotes Whitman and encourages us, as we are “trained to pursue women,” to “actively pursue friendships with men.” Come onto the raft, Huck, honey. (Yes, I know, but icky!)
- Wordless language: I talk to the trees.
- The True Work: SHA, anyone? How about a podcast sitcom?
- Wounds into gifts: bang that drum, honey.
- Zaniness: “one of the most endearing qualities of men is our zaniness”
- Search for the sword
- Removing my armor
- Side-by-side intimacy
- Body wisdom and sexuality
And we’ll leave it at that.