I decided to take a break from the sunflowers. That way, maybe I can revisit them with a fresh ear and learn where I can pare them down.
Instead, I did a great deal of playing with the 100 Book Club blog. I got the entire List (some 800 titles) exported from FileMaker Pro in batches (by AR™ reading level), sucked up into DreamWeaver and modified, and then copied to Drupal webpages. Tedius, but not difficult. So that’s done.
I’ve been working on examples of forums and comments, but that hasn’t turned out like I thought, and I don’t have time to play with at the moment: we have a dress rehearsal with Masterworks Chorale for tomorrow night’s concert.