Updating Blake (Day 176/365)

I’m at a hotel in Lithia Springs, staying overnight as the GHP interviews get under way. After I checked in this afternoon, I decided to go ahead and start converting all the orchestral scores from Finale 2006 to Finale 2007.

I got the first two pieces done, not without some scary moments: a ritard in William Blake’s Inn froze the notes. I thought I had a dead file, but deleting the ritard marking fixed everything.

Since I now have enough memory to work Finale properly, I’ve begun rethinking some of the orchestration. For example, I’ve added a lovely gong to the opening and closing of the first piece. The next time you hear some of these, they’re going to sound subtly different!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *