A Visit to William Blake’s Inn is a book of children’s poetry by Nancy Willard, and it won the Newbery Award in 1982. Ms. Willard kindly gave me permission to set it to music in 2003, and it is currently available for production. Contact me if you’re interested.
Here are the scores and mp3 files for William Blake’s Inn. All scores are piano/vocal scores (PDF)
William Blake’s Inn
a piece for chorus, soloists, orchestra, puppets, dancers, and everyone
We visit the Inn and through the course of a day or so meet the odd and magical inhabitants, including William Blake himself.
If you’re here to look over the piece and don’t want to plow through the whole 45 minutes, I would suggest downloading the scores for #11 and #17. Listen to those two. You’ll be back for the rest of it.
- Prelude | mp3
- William Blake’s Inn for Innocent & Experienced Travelers | score | mp3
- Blake’s Wonderful Car Delivers Us Wonderfully Well | score | mp3
- A Rabbit Reveals My Room | score | mp3
- The Sun and Moon Circus Soothes the Wakeful Guests | score | mp3
- The Man in the Marmalade Hat Arrives | score | mp3
- The King of Cats Orders an Early Breakfast | score | mp3
- The Wise Cow Enjoys a Cloud | score | mp3
- Two Sunflowers Move into the Yellow Room | score | mp3, extended mp3
- The Wise Cow Makes Way, Room, and Believe | score | mp3
- Blake Leads a Walk on the Milky Way | score | two-piano score| mp3
- When We Come Home, Blake Calls for Fire | score | mp3
- The Marmalade Man Makes a Dance to Mend Us | score | mp3
- The King of Cats Sends a Postcard to His Wife | score | mp3
- The Tiger Asks Blake for a Bedtime Story | score | mp3
- Blake Tells the Tiger the Tale of the Tailor | score | mp3
- Epilogue (underscoring) score | mp3